06 October 2016

How to remove sticky labels on the glass bottles easily (Baking sodaand oil)?


It is like a pain in a neck when you want to remove the sticky labels on the glass bottles. So do I. I was struggling to take those labels out of my bottles because I can recycle them instead of throwing them away.
I tried many tips, such as pouring hot water into the bottle and setting it aside for a while. Then, it is still staying there. After that, I tried to scrub them by using vinegar, and  I could smell vinegar everywhere in my house. 
Finally, I came up with the idea, using oil and baking soda to remove the sticky labels. It really worked, but I have to warn you that you will really use a lot of dish soap when you wash the oil on the bottles after you removed the sticky labels. Thanks, MNN for sharing the tip.
I did the same way that MNN tell.

Ingredients 

Baking soda
Corn oil or any kinds of oil excepted olive oil.
- Take out the label on the bottle.
- Pour baking soda and oil with the same ratio. I used 1/4 cup of baking soda and 1/4 cup of corn oil (for 4 8-oz bottles). Stir them well. 
- You will get a mixture like this. It looks like condensed milk. Baking soda doesn't dissolve in oil. We need to apply baking soda on the bottle, so we use oil to mix it.
- Apply the mixture on the bottle where has sticky places. Wear your plastic gloves. I am serious, the mixture is so difficult to wash.
- Set them aside 1 hour. 
- Bring them to the sink, and use the steel wool to scrub the sticky layer. If there is any stubborn that you could not scrub, do not worry. All you need to do I just pour some mixture on that place, and scrub it. Everything will be gone. 
- Use dish soap to wash the bottle.
- Tada! Like a magic. 
Look at them! We are sexy, we know it!

Notes:
- After you apply the mixture on the bottles, set them aside overnight. 
- I reduce the oil ratio, so it is not hard anymore to clean them.
Click here to see what I have done with this tips in my way.
Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment