09 October 2016

How to make Mui Kwe Lu Liquor at home?


I made Mui Kwe Lu for a very long time from the day I came here. I wanted to make Chinese sausage at home, so I made it at home as well. Lol 
I totally forgot that I used to make the liquor before until I need to use it today. I realize that I did not keep the recipe for myself, so I am gonna write it down for me and for you, who love to make Mui Kwe Lu homemade.

Ingredients 

Liquor
1 bottle of Michiu cooking wine (750ml)

Dried ingredients 
2-star anise 
10 whole cloves
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp black pepper seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 cardamon (cut it in half)
1 4-inch cinnamon stick 
1 whole small dried tangerine skin (julienne it into 1-inch long)

Direction 
- Roasted all dried ingredients until you can smell the fragrance from them.
- Let them cool.
- Put all roasted ingredients into the wine bottle. Shake it for a while.
- Place it in a dark place. Do not place it in the place there is light or sunshine.
- The first week, shake it one time a day.
- After 2 weeks, you really get Mui Kwe Lu liquor. Hehehe


Hana

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Hana, this is a simple way to make mui kwe lu at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it black cardamom that you use?

    ReplyDelete