06 July 2016

양념 통닭, YangNyeom TongDak, Korean chicken style or Toreore Chicken

I went to the Hmart market to buy foods for a week, and we tried Korean chicken at Toreore food court in the market. Its sauce was awesome. My hub loves it a lot, so of course, I tried to make it by myself, and I failed. Hehehe

I tried maangchi.com's recipe, but it tasted a little bit sour. Then I tried arieskitchen.com's recipe, but it was still different from the taste that I tasted at Toreore. Finally, I tried the recipe from koreanbapsang.com several times, and it was so close. However, I was not satisfied with the recipe. Certainly, I must have eaten chicken from Toreore many times, hehehe. It's just for me to taste hehehe. 
Then I felt that Toreore's chicken had the orange juice in their chicken, so I gave my chicken a try. I am not sure that they put orange juice in their chicken or not. All is just my taste. 

I am still struggling with frying chicken, so I bake my chicken instead of frying them. They still taste good. 

Main Ingredient
1 pound chicken

Sauce ingredients:

1 tbs and 1/2 tbs Sugar
2 tsp soy sauce
4 tbs Mirin
4 tbs Rice (corn) syrup
4 tbs ketchup
2 tbs Orange juice
2 tbs Kochuchang
1 tsp Apple vinegar
1/2 tsp Dijon honey mustard

Batter ingredients: optional (for deep fry)
1/4 cup Potato flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda

Direction:
Prepare chicken
- Preheat the oven to 450 F degree.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Bake chicken about 25 minutes.
Prepare sauce:
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a saucepan, and bring it to a boil over medium-low heat.
Finish
When the chicken is done, let drain off water from the chicken, and pour the sauce on it. Continue baking chicken with sauce on it about 10 minutes.
Serve
Server with bread or rice. I made a couple of sandwiches for me and my hubby. 
Chicken sandwiches hehehe
Mirin

Hana




1 comment:

  1. Do you find it stressful to check the H Mart Working Hours all the way? You are not need to accomplish this because you will learn about Hmart's operating hours on both regular days and holidays. You can purchase fresh vegetables, meats, and groceries using the list of the H Mart Working Schedule currently in effect. Find out what time H Mart opens and closes so you can shop for your requirements in this distinctive Asian market.
    h mart opening hours

    ReplyDelete