15 September 2016

Tomato sauce for pizza - Recipe

My hubby does not like to eat anything that is made from tomatoes. In other words, he hates tomatoes. I tried to encourage him to eat tomatoes because tomatoes are good for his health, but I did not succeed. Lol. 

The other day I baked pizza, and of course, I made tomato sauce for the pizza by myself. Surprise! My hubby loved the tomato sauce very much. That was the first time he ate a lot of tomato sauce. He asked me to put more the tomato sauce on the pizza lol. 

I have made the sauce for a thousand times hehehe. Just kidding! Today, I made the sauce on my own, so I wanted to write the recipe down in case I forgot about it. Hehehe

Ingredients
1 can of petite cut tomatoes (no salt added) or 1 lbs tomatoes
1 tbs ketchup 
2 tbs unsalted butter
4 tbs minced celery
4 tbs minced white onion
1 tbs +1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried oregano leaves
2 tsp dried basil leaves
1/4 tsp black pepper
- I use my food processor to process my celery and white onion.
- Melted the butter in a medium saucepan. Then, put the minced celery and onion into the saucepan, and stir them well until you can smell the fragrance of onion.
- Meanwhile, pour your tomatoes into the food processor to tomatoes.
- Pour blended tomato, ketchup, sugar, salt, oregano and basil leaves, and black pepper into the saucepan. Stir them well.

- The lid on the saucepan, and simmer it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes open the lid and stir it well. Then, let it simmer for more 10 minutes. 
- After 10 minutes your tomatoes sauce is done. Pour it into a glass jar, and let it cool. 
- You can keep them in the fridge for 1 weeks.
- It can sever for pizza, lasagna, and spaghetti. 

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment