03 June 2016

Cream cheese yogurt recipe

Cream cheese yogurt is famous in my country but I have not tasted it yet. I have just known it for a very long time. T_T. Today, I try to make it, and it is really awesome. It tastes creamy but not greasy.

Look at the cream cheese layer of the yogurt
I use my plain recipe for this recipe but I reduce 50ml of milk (suffice for 7 jars).  
Prepare: 
Starter
- Let the yogurt outside the fridge before you make yogurt 2 hours. Let it reach the room temperature.

Buy the plain yogurt with live and active cultures
I used plain yogurt for the first time. Then, I used my yogurt for the second them. Make sure your yogurt is not more than a week. 
Jars
- Wash glass jars by warm water.
- Place glass jars upside-down in the oven.
- Dry them at 200 F degree within 10 mins. To kill bacteria in the jars.


- Open the oven to cool them down.


While the jars are in the oven, I am going to heat up my milk.

Ingredient:
1 jar of plain yogurt (with the nature cultures)
800 ml milk (I refer high protein milk)
150 ml condensed milk (your taste)


8 oz of cream cheese (according to your taste, 8 oz cream cheese is really creamy)
Mash the cream cheese with condensed milk as well. Then, pour the milk little by little, and mix them as well. Using a whisk to mix them well.
Heat the mixture over medium heat. Using a whisk to mix all things until the mixture's temperature is 176 F degree. To make sure the mixture is dissolved.
Cool it down until it is 100 F degree.
Pour some milk mixture into the starter, mix them well. Then, strain the starter into the mixture in the previous step.
Pour the yogurt into the jar slowly, let the ladle close to funnel to prevent the bubbles.
I did not lid the jars this time to prevent the high temperature.
Done!! Tada, They look so yummy with the cream cheese on their tops. I recommend this recipe to you who really like creamy yogurt.
Have a good day

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment