03 June 2016

Green tea (matcha) yogurt recipe

Matcha is green tea powder, and it is one kind of good food for your health. I try to use matcha in many ways, and of course, I try it for my yogurt. Then, matcha yogurt recipe was born. Kkkk
It tastes so good and fragrant. I can smell the matcha while I am serving it. I love matcha smell, matcha matcha...
I use my plain recipe for this recipe. 

Prepare: 
Starter
- Let the yogurt outside the fridge before you make yogurt 2 hours. Let it reach the room temperature.

Buy the plain yogurt with live and active cultures
I used plain yogurt for the first time. Then, I used my yogurt for the second them. Make sure your yogurt is not more than a week. 
Jars
- Wash glass jars with warm water.
- Place glass jars upside down in the oven.
- Heat up them at 200 F degree within 10 mins. To kill bacteria in the jars.

- Open the oven to cool them down.

While the jars are in the oven I am going to heat up my milk.

Ingredient:
1 jar of plain yogurt (with the nature cultures)
850 ml milk (I refer high protein milk)
150 ml condensed milk (your taste)

2 tsp green tea powder. (according to your taste, I will put more matcha for next time. I am not satisfied with its color).
Making:
- Pour two kinds of milk in a pot, stir well till the condensed milk is dissolved.

- Heat up the mixture. Stir well to avoid burning the milk in the bottom.

- When the mixture reaches 175 F degree. 
- Cool the mixture down to 100 F degree. I put some ice into the sink to cool it quickly.

- When the mixture is 100 F degree, ladle some milk mixture into a cup with the matcha in it. Stir it well, and pour the matcha mixture through a mesh strainer to make sure all matcha is dissolved.

- Ladle some milk into a bowl with the starter in it.
- Mix them well till the mixture is smooth
- Pour the starter through a mesh strainer to make sure all starter is dissolved. We got matcha yogurt now. 
- Pour the yogurt into the glass jars, and turn on the yogurt maker.


Have a good day

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment