29 April 2016

Raindrop cake attempt #2 & #3 - pretty close

Actually, the picture is not my raindrop attempt #2. It is attempt #3. I forgot to take its picture before eating. lol
 Attempt #2:
The second one was so close, but its taste was different from what we ate before. I do not know how to describe its taste. The one I ate in my country, it was very smooth. It dissolved in my mouth very smoothly. However, the second one broke in my mouth instead of dissolving.
I tried the recipe from “The cooking of Joy” for it.

2/3 cups water
1/8 tsp agar powder
1/8 tsp sugar

I was not satisfied with its taste. After we ate it, my hubby told me that I should try jelly powder instead of agar powder. He said, “The way the cake dissolve in my mouth, it looks like the way jelly dissolve.”

Attempt #3:
Certainly, I tried to use jelly powder instead of agar powder with the third one, and I still tried the recipe from “The cooking of Joy”. 
The source from the internet, I used the one on the right
2/3 cups water
1/8 tsp jelly powder
1/8 tsp sugar

The cake dissolved in my mouth, but it was a little bit chewy. Yes, it was just a little a little bit chewy. I am sure that I will try next time until I can get the right cakes hehehe.

I sprinkle some kinako (soybean powder) on it, and pour kuromitsu (dark syrup) on it as well.
When I scooped a piece of cake, I could feel it was so close to the one in my country. hehehe.
When I get the right recipe, I will let you know. I am waiting for my molds from my younger sister. Hope to get it soon.


Hana


No comments:

Post a Comment