08 April 2016

Plain yogurt recipe



I love the yogurt that is not much sweet or much sour. If you love the taste like that, this is a right recipe for you.

Prepare: 
Starter
- Let the yogurt outside the fridge before you make yogurt 2 hours. Let it reach the room temperature.

Buy the plain yogurt with live and active cultures
I used plain yogurt for the first time. Then, I used my yogurt for the second them. Make sure your yogurt is not more than a week. 
Jars
- Wash glass jars by warm water.
- Place glass jars in the oven.
- Heat up them at 200 F degree within 10 mins. To kill bacteria in the jars.


- Open the oven to cool them down.


While the jars are in the oven I am going to heat up my milk.
Ingredient:
1 jar of plain yogurt (with the nature cultures)
850 ml milk (I refer high protein milk)
150 ml condensed milk (your taste)


Making:
- Pour two kinds of milk in a pot, stir well till the condensed milk is dissolved.


- Heat up the mixture. Stir well to avoid burning the milk in the bottom.


- When the mixture reaches 175 F degree. 


- Cool the mixture down to 100 F degree. I put some ice into the sink to cool it quickly.



- When the mixture is 100 F degree, ladle some milk into a bowl with the starter in it.


- Mix them well till the mixture is smooth

- Pour the starter through a mesh strainer to make sure all starter is dissolved. We got yogurt now. Hehehe


- Use the ladle mix the yogurt gently.


- Pour the yogurt in those jars. 

The arrangement the jars around the pot, so I do not need to move my ladle so far hehee
Pour the yogurt into the jar


done!!
- Turn on the yogurt maker.

Lids on, and turn on the maker hehehe
- Keep them in the maker for 6 hours.

Note:
- The more you keep the yogurt jars in the maker, the sourer the yogurt is.
- If you want your yogurt tastes sweeter, just increase condensed milk, and reduce plain milk. The recipe suffices for 7 jars.
- You can keep a jar of yogurt to make the starter for the next batch.
- You should heat up the jars to prevent bacteria. 
- This is the third time I use my yogurt maker. It is so great.


After finished my yogurt, I checked the temperature of the yogurt, 111 F degree. Perfectly!!! That is a good condition for the starter to ferment. 

Hana


No comments:

Post a Comment