10 September 2016

How to sew a cover for an ironing board?

Finally, I could buy an ironing board that suits me. Hehehe. Yes, it does not cost an arm and a leg. Besides, it is wide, and high enough for me. I love itttttt, so I want to sew a cover for it. Here is the way I did.

Place your fabric on the floor. Lay the board on it.
Draw around the board, 3 inches away from the edge.

Here is an optional step, cut a piece of fleece fabric that is the same size as the board, if you want your ironing board thicker.
Serge around the edge of the fabric
Here we go
Fold in the edge about 1/4 inches, and iron it.
Ironing the corner like this.
Sew the edge.
Let 1/8 inches between the first and the end sewing points to thread the needle with the string in it.
Thread the string in the seam of the cover
I use the cooking twine for my cover hehehe
Done
Place the fleece on the board, then cover it with the cover.
 Tighten the string, and cut the twine at the desired length. Mine is about 9 inches.
Lay the board upside-down
Tighten the twine, and knot it. Of course, I need my helper at this step.
Tada!!!
Before


Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment