18 July 2016

Vietnamese sweet rolls

I wanted to make this cake a long time ago. I remember the day that I and my dad watched T.V, and he said that he loves this cake. I would make it at that time, but I did not. Last week, I just finished my class, and I had free time, so I tried the recipe. The cake was so delicious, but it was not as sweet as my dad and someone said. When I made the cake, I was not in a good mood. Anyways, everybody loved the cake. 

This cake is called "sweet rolls" in my country. It is like a crepe in American, but it was stuffed with shredded coconut and boiled green bean. Thanks, Mulanbepnha for sharing the recipe, please let me write the recipe in English so it might help someone else who really loves the cake might give it a try.

Ingredients:
Batter
100-gram Tapioca flour
60 gram Rice flour
150-gram Arrowroot flour
3 + 1/4 cup of Water
1/4 cup Sugar

Stuffing
1+1/2 cup Shredded coconut meat
2 cup Boiled green bean
Direction:
Warm the water, and pour sugar into it, stir well until it is dissolved. Pour 2+1-4 cup water slowly into the flour. Knead them well.  Set it aside 30 minutes. 

After 30 minutes, warm the rest of the water, and pour it into the batter slowly. Set it aside again 30 minutes.

Shred the coconut meat
After one hour, ready to cook
Pour water into the steamer, bring it to boil. Cover the aluminum tray with oil, and place the tray into the steam.
When the water is boiling, open the lid, and pour 1/4 cup of batter into the tray, use the tong to roll the batter to make sure that the layer is all evenly.
Place it back the steamer, and heat it about 3 minutes or until the layer becomes see-through or you can see the layer is bubbling.
Take the tray out of the steamer, and let it cool. Meanwhile, use another tray to make a new batch. 
Take the layer out of the tray, and place the green bean first, then the shredded coconut. Roll it.
Tada
Serve with salted sesame seed.

Good luck and enjoy!

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment