24 June 2016

Oil and vinegar salad

I am a salad lover. I love to eat salad, and I love to make it by myself, though. Some people said that salad is a very simple dish that a child could make it. However, I am not good at it, lol. As my husband said, "You are so extraordinary, honey, people always can make simple things, but you can make difficult things better than the simple things". Lmao. That is why I am trying to make a simple dish: vinaigrette salad. Because my younger brother makes it so well, I ask him to give me a hand. Of course, he gave me his recipe: a little of vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, water, fish sauce, and that is all. Lol. Yes, it is not easy to get exactly how many grams of each ingredient in the recipe, so all you can get is just according to your taste. I tried this morning, and it turned out so yummy. 

Finally, I got oil and vinegar salad on my own. Hehehe. I wrote it down quickly to save for next time.

Ingredient:

Vegetable
1 bunch of lettuce.
1/2 of spring onion

For dressing
1 tbs sugar
1 tbs water
1/2 tbs and 1 tsp apple vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp ground black pepper

Direction:
- Whisk the dressing ingredients as well.
- Wash the lettuce, and cut it into 2 inches long.
- Slice spring onion, and soak it in cold water to reduce its smell for 10 minutes. Drain it.
- Mix lettuce and onion in a mixing bowl, pour the dressing on and mix them well. 
- Serve the salad immediately. 


Hana




2 comments:

  1. Looks really delish! I really like your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet words, Taran Tula. Let give it a try. :))

      Delete