19 February 2016

Thread tension (4 threads) - Serger machine Janome 3434D

Take a picture of your thread tension dials after you finish so I can know where they are when someone else changes your tensions.
Phew! Finally, I had done with thread tension for my serger machine. It was not as tough as I thought. 

My threads:
Left needle thread is black
Right needle thread is beige
Upper looper thread is white
Lower looper is blue


* First, I set four thread tension dials at "3". Then sew, and check the thread tensions.

* Second. I tried to adjust right and left needle threads first because they were easy to adjust. 
- Look at the wrong side of the fabric, you can see that the beige is too loose. They suppose to be a small dot. - Adjust the right needle thread tension dial till they disappear. Adjust the right thread dial to the right (tighten)


*Third, adjust looper thread tensions. I kept the fabric sample that they sewed on my serger. While I am adjusting looper thread tensions, I use the sample to compare with mine. 


Finally, I have done with it.

 I kept the fabric sample that they sewed by my serger. When I adjust looper thread tensions, I use the sample to compare with mine. 
Tips: 
- I kept fabric sample that they sewed by my serger. When I adjust thread tensions, I use the sample to compare with mine. 
- Take a picture of your thread tension dials after you finish so I can know what they are when someone else changes your tensions.
The front


Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment