24 February 2016

Bread story

     Nowadays, I have been addicted to making bread. I can not describe how I feel while I am baking them. I always sit in front of my oven to see how they change. The smell is so fragrant and attractive. I do not know how enigma it is. There are just flour, sugar, butter, yeast, and "things". We just adjust the ratios of the ingredients and then we can get many kinds of bread. Absolutely unbelievable!!!!
      Back to the reason why I am addicted to them. Actually, I do not love bread. I never think some days I will make them. I live in an apartment and there is an oven. I just ignored it for a long time until the day I wanna make the pretzel. I followed the recipe that I found on the internet. When It turned out, it looked so pretty but yuck! I felt like I was eating a rock. It was not soft anymore. T_T

My first pretzel




I gave up and forgot about making pretzel after all. The other day, we walked around the mall to exercise and we bought the pretzel at Pretzel Maker. We spent  $10  a day. It costs an arm and a leg. I wanted to save money but I still wanted to eat the pretzel. Then, I tried to make them again. I just thought in my mind, "So, let give it a try". Finally, it looked better than before and it was soft after I brought them out of the oven. I was so happy at that time and sent my hubby a picture. It was pretty good until tomorrow. My hubby brought them to his company for breakfast. I was excited to wait for his response. Tada... It was so tough after he heated it up.

I gave up again. I told myself that "Okay, never think about making bread anymore." However, my hubby loves bread very much. And I changed my mind and decided "let give it a try, again" hehehe 

Then, I tried to bake bread again hehehe. 


When I showed those pictures, my sister asked me that I should open a bakery. I was so proud of me at that time. What a shame. Hehehe

After a couple of times, I realized that I could not bake bread if I did not understand how they took form, which flour is the best, what is different between active dry yeast and instant? How to knead the dough? What is gluten? Many questions came from. Finally, I decided to stop baking and looking for books to read. I read many books in my school's library. Besides, I read some websites on the internet. I really knew that how they take form, and I tried to bake.


My first and second loaves. I was so happy when they were done.

Now, when I read a recipe on the internet, I can know how it is. So far, I want to make my own recipe. Hehehe.

My loaves look better, don't they.

I am very satisfied with the kolache' recipe.

Love this kolache recipe

Look so sexy, right?
I even made pizza, hehehe
It has been for a year from the day I am addicted to baking bread. I wrote this bread story intermittently. I tried to finish it today, and start to write about some bread recipes. Hehehe

Hana






No comments:

Post a Comment