15 December 2015

Homemade seitan

I tried to make seitan before by wheat gluten, but I could not stand its smell. It was too strong for me. Besides, I avoided making seitan from bread flour because many websites said that it was very hard to wash the dough. However, I tried to make them today by bread flour. Bingo! It was not as hard as they said. I just washed the dough six times and it was awesome, though. This was the first time that I tried to make pigs intestines seitan (with the hollow inside). They are very popular in my country. We can stir them in many ways. 
Here is my recipe

I will update the picture step by step later hehehe

Ingredient:

 850 gr bread flour
700 ml water
1 tsp salt

Let's do it

1. Dissolve salt with water
2. Pour the liquid 1. into flour, mix well, and set it aside 1 hour.
3. After 30 min, knead the dough to become smooth. 
4. After 1 hour, wash the dough in a big bowl six times.
5. Roll seitan by fabric, 45gr/ each
6. That is the way I make the intestine
7. Boil them about 20 minutes. 
8. Take them out and put into a bowl with water and vinegar to make them white.

Update: just finished my stir seitan with 5 spices.



Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment