12 August 2012

Recipe#4: Daikon kimchi (radish kimchi)

Daikon kimchi after 1 day (i think it was really fermented he..he..he)
I learn this recipe from Maangchi.com website. This is a delicious recipe, I like it so much.
Ingredient:

500 gr Daikon
1 cup of chopped green onion
1 tbs minced garlic and minced ginger
1/2 cup of hot pepper flakes and 1/2 cup of fish sauce.
1 tsp salt and sugar.

Direction:

1. Peel daikon, rinse and cut into 3cm cubes.
2. Put daikon into the plastic basin. Add 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt and mix well.
3. Set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Drain the juice from the radish into a small bowl.
5. Add 1 cup of chopped green onion, 1 tbs minced garlic, and minced ginger, 1/2 cup of hot pepper flakes and 1/2 cup of fish sauce, 2 tbs the juice from the radish. Mixed well.
6. Put daikon kimchi into a plastic box and press down on the top of it to remove any air from between the radish cubes. Keeping it in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!

P/s: I made 500gram Daikon, but the picture is the box that I give to my Older sister. It is a part of my daikon kimchi. he..he..he.
You can go to Maangchi.com to see the video. There are many Korean recipes. This website is very helpful for me. And the owner is very kindly.

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment